NYX colour mascaras REVIEW

13:05

So about a week ago I got my hands on colour mascaras by NYX. There were 7 colours available altogether, each prettier than the other. I decided to pick three colours: Pink Perfect, Mint Julep and Forget Me Not which looked like ones I would use the most. 




The mascaras come in usual size 9ml / 20g containers. They seem to have a micro wand  which makes the product easy to apply and fits all length lashes. 
Unfortunately, the mascara seems very runny, it doesn't seem to stay on the brush well, it is very liquid which might cause problems later on in the application.



I have to say I was very disappointed with the application and the outcome. The mascaras were runny as I predicted and even though it appears very pigmented I did have to put on more than one coat of each of them.

The Forget Me Not was definitely a bit more tricky to put on due to its pale colour, however, after few seconds of trying and trying to bring the colour out I did succeed and was pretty happy with the outcome.
The colour does match its name, it is pretty close to the forget me not flower and I think it would work nicely with a pastel eyeshadow in a similar colour and a bit of glitter.

I didn't have any problem with the application of the Pink Perfect as it's very pigmented. It's a pretty vibrant colour which would definitely perfectly match other colourful makeup.

The last - Mint Julep is also very vibrant. This one took definitely the least effort to apply.

Unfortunately, all of them appear to be very clumpy which is the worst thing to happen to your lashes!



I did test how the mascaras performed throughout the day and I have to admit that the colours did not come off or stained my under eyes like a lot of black mascaras tend to.
Because of their ''immorality'' the mascaras are very hard to take off with normal makeup removal wipes which is another disadvantage of the product. :((

I did, however, find another use for them, they perfectly work as a colour eyeliners! All you need is an eyeliner brush...deep it in and make it work! It is most likely to stay on for the whole day (Haven't tested yet) and it adds detail to your weekend look!

Overall, think that the mascaras could be good for nights out...in dark clubs...where no one can see your clumpy lashes.

Rate: 6/10

I definitely will use them again, however, I'm not obsessed with them as I thought I would. :(




I got my mascaras from the NYX website ($7 =  £5.64 each) - CLICK HERE
But if you live in the UK, you can find them in your local Boots (£5.50) - CLICK HERE


-----------------------------------------

Do you have any colour mascaras you'd recommend? Or maybe you have the same ones - what was your personal experience with them? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS & don't forget to leave links to your blogs :))










You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Without seeing the rest of you, I like the Forget me not color best as a bold contrast for your eyes! Pinning this to my Best Face Forward board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one is the best too. Thank you for the support! <3

      Delete
  2. I've never used any other coloured mascara apart from Maybellines Black volume mascara but maybe I should branch out and trial others! These do look funky! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the violet one and was not that impressed either! I had to layer it a lot in order to get a decent colour pay off. Wish it was more brighter also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to buy them as well, but now, I would not spend my money for them.

    Greetz,
    Normxcore

    ReplyDelete