My night-time routine - easy steps to get better sleep & feel more relaxed at the end of the day

12:55

Hi! Today you're gonna hear how I changed my sleeping routine following easy steps and how it changed my sleeping pattern as well as my mornings.

Firstly, I should say that I got inspired by multiple YouYube videos as well as other social media posts. I've done my research and decided to combine everything I learnt into my own night-time routine.



Around 8pm everyday I finish doing my homeworks and revision and that's the time when I take an hour or so for myself. At this time I often read, write or paint.
Many people say that the key to good wellbeing is to stay true to yourself and constantly develop your skills by doing things you enjoy the most (make your mind grow!) - this way you're most likely to achieve what you want and feel better about yourself overall just because you've done something purely for your own enjoyment.
That's why at the end of each day I spend time on doing what I like and by this, I often end up improving it if it wasn't good.

After the time I spend with just me and my own thoughts I take a bath. Beforehand I like to make myself a warm cup of tea (often detox or lavender tea as they help my body to clear out and relax for the night) I make sure that this time is also relaxing and by using various bath salts and body creams at the end.
It's important to take time in the bathroom and go through your routine slowly, not rushing it as it helps you relax your body as well as clear the mind from the mix of thoughts which were orbiting around you throughout the day. 

As soon as I go to bed I avoid spending more than needed on my phone to keep me relaxed.
It's actually advised to avoid using your phone before bedtime as it keeps us awake and we often catch ourselves going through posts which are no essential to us at the time.
By reducing the time you spend on your phone you increase the likelihood of getting much better sleep so put that phone away and try to zone out!

Easy steps, great and quick results! You will soon notice you feel more energetic at the morning and find it easier to relax when it's needed.
I have been practising this routine for 2 months now and I've noticed that it helped me improve my wellbeing real quick.

I'm a big believer in the fact that we all are different, therefore, different things work on some of us better and on the others not so well. That's why you can and should makeup your own routine by making your own research and adding or subtracting some steps to personalise it. This post was meant to inspire and guide you through the difference you can make to your life :)

Do you have any routine you follow? Let me know in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You are a woman after my own heart! Reading your post was like reading about my daily routine. I always spend some quality time with myself, doing the things I enjoy and are good for my mental and physical health.
    Great post. I enjoyed it! :)

    Kitty http://katswhiskers47.com/

    ReplyDelete